Saturday, March 15, 2014

Girl Scouts Thin Mint Truffles

Ok, the title should have done the trick to get you to try this recipe. I found this post on SixSistersStuff and it's nothing short of amazing. Who needs drugs or alcohol when there's Girl Scouts cookies in the world?! And to make them St. Patrick's appropriate, they're green! To make these oh-so-delicious treats for your little leprechauns, you'll need:


1 box of Girl Scouts Thin Mint Cookies

4 oz. of cream cheese (though to be honest, I probably used 6oz)

Candy coating

Green food coloring

The original post also used green mint chips but I couldn't find any so I left them out of the recipe.


If you own a food processor, go ahead and put the two package of Thin Mints from the box in there and pulse until they're crumbs. If you're like me and don't own anything that fancy, grab a plastic bag and a hammer and get to pounding!


Once the Thin Mints are but mere crumbs, add your cream cheese. Now as I said, I had to add more creme cheese than what was recommended because there were so many crumbs, but I didn't want to have to throw any away!

Using your hands, take the Thin Mint/cream cheese mixture, roll it into a ball, and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. I was able to make 18 truffles of various sizes. Once they're rolled up and on wax paper, stick them in the fridge for 30 minutes to harden.


Meanwhile, melt your candy coating (I usually do this in the last 5 minutes of waiting for the truffles to harden).

Now you can dye the chocolate, add peppermint extract, do whatever you like! I dyed half of it white and half green, drizzled some on top, and added sprinkles. Place them back in the fridge to harden and voila! Your very own Thin Mint truffles!


TOTAL COSTS: About $10
$4 for a box of Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies
$4.49 for CandiQuik
$1.99 for 8oz. of cream cheese

TOTAL AMOUNT OF TIME: 1 hour
20 minutes to make the truffles
30 minutes to let harden in the fridge
10 minutes to cover in candy coating/chocolate

EASY-PEASY SCALE (1 super easy - 5 very difficult): 2 out of 5
It's a no-bake recipe so it's not difficult at all, it can just get a bit messy when you're making the balls and you have to be careful not to burn the chocolate, but other than that they're....ummm... well, now in my stomach. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment