Saturday, December 7, 2013

Instagram Magnetic Photo Strips

These are not only creative, but would make great stocking stuffers, gift tags, or party favors - Instagram magnetic photo strips! You don't have to make them magnetic, and you don't have to use Instagram, you're free to use any digital photos you have, but the original post I found by CNET used Instagram so that's what I'll use here. All you need is:

1. A printer
2. Paper (I used cardstock)
3. Instagram (or digital photos)
4. Adhesive magnetic strip

If you want to use your Instagram photos, go to web.stagram.com and click on "Login". From there, you can enter your Instagram username and password. You'll be able to see all of your photos (under "My Photos") and all of your friends photos as well.

When you find a photo you like, right-click and hit "Copy Image"

Now the original post used a website called Pixlr.com/editor to create the strip but I wasn't able to paste the image without it looking red, for some reason. So I opened a new Word document and right-clicked to "Paste" the image there. I did this for 5 images total and once they were on the document, I went to Format --> Document --> .1" margins all around.

From there I doubled-clicked on all the images and:

Under "Colors and Lines", I selected a black 0.75 pt line
Under "Size" I made all images 2" x 2"
Under "Layout" I made all the images "Behind Text"

I added a line next to the photos so I would able to cut it evenly when I printed it out on white cardstock.


Then take your roll of adhesive magnetic tape and cut it to the length you desire. I decided to do one long strip but you could do a bunch of small squares on the back.


Stick it on your fridge and voila! Your very own Instagram photo strip!


TOTAL COSTS: $4.99
$4.99 for 1" x 10 ft. magnetic tape from Michael's
Paper, printer, scissors, Word, and digital photos already on hand

TOTAL AMOUNT OF TIME: About 30 minutes
Grated, a lot of that time was spent finding the right photos!

EASY-PEASY SCALE (1 super easy - 5 very difficult): 2 out of 5
If you don't use Word a lot, that might be the hardest part for you but if you're familiar with the program and adding/editing photos, this will be piece 'o cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment